[K12OSN] schooltool daemon

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Aug 31 01:05:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Peter Hartmann wrote:

> Hey Tom,
> Although I've only set schooltool to start with chkconfig, it "starts"
> schoolbell also. It says Starting schooltool [ok] Starting schoolbell [ok].
> But they don't actually run. After boot is completed if I run /sbin service
> schooltool start it doesn't complain that its already running but starts. It
> doesn't release the terminal either.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

This is probably a problem with my initscripts, not schooltool.
I did four or five builds of the schooltool packages yesterday,
one of them had a typo in the initscript.

So lets start with grabbing the latest package and restarting the service:

 	rpm -Uhv ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/schooltool-0.11.1-k12ltsp.4.4.1.i386.rpm
 	/sbin/service schooltool restart

-Eric