[K12OSN] Another Samba issue - A little more info.

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Wed Aug 31 13:25:09 UTC 2005

> did you check the memberUid field in ldap??if this guy is in both it could
> cause probs.. also check that twchucko groups dont have the same
> gid..

> This message was sent from Downeast.Net.
> http://ellsworthme.com/

All of the groups have unique GIDs as far as I can tell.  This user was
just an example, and not the sum of the problem.  I don't seem to be
able to make any group changes for any user.  User Manager won't let me
do it at all ("permission denied" error) and when I make changes in LDAP
they don't populate to Samba.  It doesn't matter if I use the LDAP Users
and Groups module of Webmin or if I use the tools in /opt/IDEALX/sbin,
LDAP accepts the changes but Samba doesn't.  User names and passwords
still work just fine, but the group mappings are stuck.
--

C-ya,
Mark