[K12OSN] content filtering

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 31 14:12:07 UTC 2005

Thanks to all for the help so far.  I am sorry if my questions have been vague.  Here is where I am at now:

I have webmin running, and I access it through: https://localhost.localdomain:10000

I downloaded squid by going to: https://localhost.localdomain:10000/?cat=system , and then: https://localhost.localdomain:10000/software/ , and then where it says: search apt, I selected squid.  I then clicked install.  It installed. I then left the squid configuration in the default mode, and selected the option to "start squid".

I then searched the internet and found a rpm version of Dansguardian.  I downloaded it and opened the package.  It went through the process that you normally see when you attempt to install a rpm.

when I go to: https://localhost.localdomain:10000/dansguardian/ , I find myself at a page that gives me different icons for Dansguardian (like display status, display logfile, view/edit config, and view/edit files.  but above the icons I see this:

ERROR! Either the DG Binary or the config file was not found! Please check your module config!
Expected binary file path: /usr/sbin/dansguardian
Expected conf file path: //root/dansguardian-2.8.0.6.source.tar.gz_FILES

So, I think I have squid installed, although I may have to change configuration.  I have dansguardian installed I think, but the webmin doesn't recognize that I have.

Based on where I am at, what do I have to do to get squid and dansguardian running.  I am weak at command line stuff, so I am hoping I can do as much as possible with gui.  I will need exact directions on script, and what/where to do with it if I have to.  Thanks everyone.  Happy Wednesday!