[K12OSN] Release cycle too fast

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Aug 31 15:48:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 10:29, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> Hi List,
> Thanks Jim that was enlightening.  Is this an accurate example of a
> feature not yet implemented or a hypothetical example?
>
> > Say they want to plug in a USB pen drive,
> >oohh, that feature might not be available yet.
>
>   Does anyone have a rundown of the feature differences in FC4 vs.
> Centos?  Specifically I'm looking for differences for the end user.

Centos4 is very close to FC3, feature and app-version wise, except
that the stock kernel has some features removed (firewire, reiserfs
and some other filesystems) per the matching RHEL version.  There
is a kernel-unsupported in the Centosplus repository that re-enables
the features that were in FC3.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com