[K12OSN] password help

Mary Cantlin mcantlin at plainfieldschool.org
Wed Aug 31 16:43:58 UTC 2005

I am dealing with a K-8 school. The default password we set up was set
as"welcome".
We need them to change their password when they first sign
in. Therefore, we need to come up with a new standard i.e. min x chars,
1 lower, 1 upper, 1 number, etc.

Is there a way to test for a standard? We need to get something to work
which will be easy as possible for the students or it would be great if we
can stop Fedora from matching against the dictionary and keep saying
invalid password.
We need to lessen the restrictions and make it easier for the students
and yet still have security.

Mary Cantlin
Technology Coordinator
Plainfield School