[K12OSN] mp4 videos on K12LTSP-EL (help please)

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Tue Aug 2 20:28:37 UTC 2005

Hello,

We have installed K12 EL and are in need of support for mp4 videos. We
were given a subscription to Encylopedia Britanica on-line which
includes a whole lot of multi media content. Our principal is very
excited about this. I'd like to be able to provide as much multimeda as
feasable to our K12 terminals.

Before I go off and add Dag's repo to our sources list and try getting
Mplayer running on K12-EL (Centos) would we be better off going with the
Fedora based K12? I have had some problems with multi-media on my home
install of K12-EL and am wondering if this is not the best distro for
multimedia.

Thanks,

John