[K12OSN] Roaming profiles

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Aug 3 17:05:52 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>You could do what we do and exclude everything except for favourites from
>peoples profiles, that way
>it's really small so is less of an issue.
>
>Or alternatively you could us a login script to alter the location of the
>users shell folders so
>they are always on the server, thus no dragging about across a slow
>network.
>
>I can let you have detail if you like

Yes...definitely....I can include it as a whole section in the upcoming
revisions of the Samba/LDAP docs with credit to you of course!  :-)  In
fact, Brian, if you can send me the original doc if you type it somewhere
other than just the email.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School