[K12OSN] DansGuardian and SG blacklists...how to randomize?

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Aug 3 23:14:01 UTC 2005

It officially works!  I have made the change to the script and will let
Stephen know too.  DansGuardian (the newer versions) require a randomized
list as it gets all confused with trying to read a sorted list and the
start up time slows to an absolute crawl....(in fact I got tired of
waiting).  With the randomized lists....it works fine.  DG sorts the list
out on it's own when it loads.  Thanks Eric!

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 11:26 AM +0000 wrote:
>Here you go...
>
>In your script, change "::filtering" to "::filtering-dg"
>
>sorted list:
>
>	rsync -az squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us::filtering $TARGET
>
>randomized list:
>
>	rsync -az squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us::filtering-dg $TARGET
>

>-Eric

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School