[K12OSN] problems with win2000 joining a samba/ldap domain

Dave Hopkins dahopkins at comcast.net
Thu Aug 4 22:55:58 UTC 2005

With Samba 3, you should be able to join the domain without having to
explicitly add the systems at the server (it works like a real Windows
PDC :) ) although adding it explicitly won't hurt anything.  However,
make sure you have the Samba PDC set as the WINS server on the system
that you are trying to join the domain from.  This fixed the issue for me.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins