[K12OSN] (no subject)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Aug 8 19:08:28 UTC 2005

FYI to the list.  This is the response I received from Jamie Cameron
regarding samba support for the batch user add of the LDAP User admin
module.  Hopefully he will send me a new module to test when it is
ready.

-------SNIP----------------
> > Now I seem to be able to add users via the batch file, however
> > anything in the "Samba account options" section doesn't seem to be
> > added.  Is this an error on my part or a bug?
>
> Unfortunately, the batch import feature doesn't currently
> support creating Samba users. This is really an oversight on
> my part .. I will add this to the next Webmin release.
>
>  - Jamie

No problem.  Please let me know when you have a version to test out.  I
would be more than happy to beta test a new module for you.  This is the
only piece missing I think to really make this module a one stop
solution for smb/ldap administration.

Also thanks for your quick response!

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department