[K12OSN] An FTP question

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Aug 9 15:51:35 UTC 2005

I was aked this question by a colleague....I'm not thinking clearly at the
moment....working in my server room until 3 a.m.   Anyone got an answer?

Dave,

Do you know if there is a way to inherit permissions from the parent
directory when a child directory is created via ftp access to the parent
directory.

i.e. A user creates a directory for webpages on their computer and
accesses the web server via FTP and places that directory on the
webserver.

This is the FIRST Linux server Dave has allowed me to do (high profile!).
This NEEDS to work. :o))

Thanks,
Dan

David N. Trask