[K12OSN] Webmin and Samba/LDAP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Aug 9 17:40:23 UTC 2005

> On my Samba/LDAP server created using Matt's script, I get
> the following
> message when I try to access the "LDAP Users and Groups"
> Webmin module.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Failed to bind to LDAP server  as
> cn=nssldap,ou=DSA,dc=honeygroveisd,dc=net : No password, did you mean
> noauth or anonymous ?. Maybe your module configuration is incorrect.

First, if you haven't, I recommend reading my email from yesterday on
setting up the users and groups module.  For the "Bind to LDAP server
as" setting it looks like you should be using
"cn=manager,dc=honeygroveisd,dc=net".  Then in the section underneath
called "Credentials for bind name above" click "Set to" and enter your
smb/ldap password as set during the smb/ldap script installation.  This
should fix your error.  But you will want to read the rest of the
configuration guide to get your other settings right.