[K12OSN] schooltool/schoolbell questions plus test

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 00:41:12 UTC 2005

Hello,
I have some schooltool/schoolbell questions.  I'm really excited about
this great software as I think it will make things run smoother and
cut the paper consumption of our school/church quite a bit.  I realize
these questions might belong in the schooltool mailing list. I've
installed schooltool-0.11rc2.  However, it sounds like an updated
schoolbell with school-specific utilities -might- be coming out before
school starts.  Does anyone know it that's really going to happen? If
we do actually use schooltool (as it is now) can we upgrade or migrate
the data to the new schoolbell?  If it is coming out before Sept. is
it worth waiting till the last minute?  I do want to leave myself
enough time to learn/teach it to people.   The command to start the
schoolbell server is "python schooltool-server.py".  How to I set this
to start in runlevel 3?   I can't chkconfig --add it the way I could
with the schoolbell rpm.   Lastly, is anyone reading this email?  I
haven't gotten a response in about 2 months.  Could someone drop me a
line just to let me know the messages are coming through?

Thanks so much,
Peter