[K12OSN] Mac Client Question

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Aug 11 13:53:12 UTC 2005

> Does this qualify as a bug in the installer?  In earlier
> releases of K12LTSP, if you
> deviated from the default network settings, you had to edit the
> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf file by hand to incorporate the
> new network settings; that
> appears to happen automatically now.  I wonder if the changes
> could happen automatically
> to the PPC lts.conf too.

I don't think this would qualify as a bug.  The ppc portion is just
static.  I don't believe there is any portion that builds on install
like with the i386 tree.  This is sort of why the XF86Config setup has a
little trouble.  I think this was just custom built and then thrown into
the ppc tree.  So if you want any changes from standard in the PPC tree
you need to do it manually.

However I believe that Jim M mentioned in the past that this could
possibly be changed with Project MueKow.

A thought just popped into my head, instead of writing a whole batch of
new scripts to build lts.conf for the ppc tree could one simply add
enough scripting to the file that would have variables in the couple
fields that would be the same between the i386 lts.conf and the ppc
lts.conf that simply pull the values from the i386 lts.conf and plug
them into the ppc lts.conf?  Does that make any sense :-)