[K12OSN] [REPOST] yum dependency resolution

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Aug 12 13:24:53 UTC 2005

Try and make a long story short by citing one small example ;-) -

I'm having trouble understanding why a yum update is failing with an
unmet dependency when a search of my system shows that the dependency in
question is already installed on my system in the exact version
required.  I did an "rpm--rebuilddb" just in case my system didn't know
about the package for some reason, but otherwise I can't seem to get
past this.  Is there need to, or some means to, tell yum about
everything that's on your system - I've always assumed it "just
know" (tm).

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester