[K12OSN] OT: Conferences in Midwest

Mike Heins k12osn at perusion.com
Fri Aug 12 14:28:17 UTC 2005

Quoting Eric Brown (ericbrown at mi-spot.com):
> There's the Iowa Technology in Education Connection conference held in Des
> Moines this October (http://www.itec-ia.org/confer/index.htm).  I just found
> out that my proposal to run a workshop on K12LTSP just got accepted.  Linux
> was incredibly under represented at the last conference (a few vendors had
> linux powered devices, but no workshops).
>
> I look forward to seeing other responces to this question.

They don't have any information about registration yet. If the cost is
not prohibitive, I may attend, as it is not that far from my parents home
and I can take that opportunity for a visit.

I am sure much of it will be depressingly Microsoft-based. 8-\

> I've wondered why more conferences aren't held in a more central
> geographic locations.

I think central population locations are more sought-after. 8-)

A lot of the once-per-year national conferences I deal with try to shift
it around year by year -- one year on the east coast, the next on the
west, then one in the midwest.

--
Mike Heins

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer