[K12OSN] Smbldap-bulk-useradd change password encryption

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Aug 12 14:41:14 UTC 2005

I think I have found another small problem.  It looks like the bulk add
script encrypts the passwords with SSHA encryption.  This works fine
when logging in with Linux and Samba, but doesn't seem to be compatible
with the LDAP setup on OSX.  If I reset the password via webmin with
crypt encription, it works.  Also if I re-run smbpasswd it changes the
encryption to SMD5 and also works.  Any ideas on what to do to fix this?
Can I make a change in the bulk add script to run smbpasswd on all
users?

I have an existing username and password base that I need to re-populate
on this server.  Or does anyone have a script that I can give
username,passwd and it will run through the necessary steps to re-run
smbpasswd on all users?

I need to finish this server tonight.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch