[K12OSN] howto for streaming content -- from NPR

Eric Brown ericbrown at mi-spot.com
Fri Aug 12 15:50:15 UTC 2005

Hello Rita,

I've had to work through this before.  I downloaded the streaming file to
the computer, then opened it up in XMMS.  It's not a very elegant workaround
at first, but the upside is that you don't have to open a browser window and
navigate to the website once you've downloaded the streaming file, you just
open the file in XMMS.

I've only done this with .pls files, and I think real media files.  While
others could speak more knowledgeably on this, I'm not sure if it would work
with windows media streaming.

Good luck.