[K12OSN] OT: Conferences in Midwest

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Aug 12 17:18:01 UTC 2005

> I figured if I could get ten people to come for the first
> day, it would be worth doing
> and would be enough people to draw Jim and/or Eric.   I think
> the Maine folks had about
> 20 (David, are your pictures from your conference still
> online?);

Count me in!  I would love to help out with such an event.  I live in
Winona which is just under 2hrs from Minneapolis.  Next summer should be
fairly light for me, I will have done the major upgrades on all the
schools this year.  I could load my '47 panel up and head north for a
few days.

I'd love to show the smbldap working to support full roaming between
OSX, Windows, and Linux.  Showing some old iMacs and such running as
well would be fun.

I think the basics on the first day and more advanced the second would
be a good plan.  That way the beginners could get the concepts and then
stick around for the fun stuff if they wanted.

Keep me posted.