[K12OSN] LTSP sites in New York

Edward Holcroft edward at netday.org.za
Wed Aug 17 09:27:44 UTC 2005

Hi list

I am visiting New York City in September (from South Africa) and was
hoping to visit sites there, preferably schools, that are using LTSP
or just plain Linux. Our small non-profit organisation has deployed
about 40 K12LTSP computer labs to severely disadvantaged schools in
rural South Africa with great success. I am interested to see how
differently things are done in the developed world, and what lessons
I can take back home with me.

Any leads will be really welcome. I already know about The Beacon
School in Manhattan and have set up something with them.

You can see short summaries of  what we have done at http://co.za/
cares/netday_proj.html

Thanks in advance
ed

PS It would help if any leads you give me are easily reachable by
regular public transport from Manhattan.