[K12OSN] FW: DHCP Option128/129 MOPTS - not working

Peter Van den Wildenbergh pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Thu Aug 18 18:31:44 UTC 2005

Hi All :

We are struggling with option 128 / 129 on a Novell Netware 6 DHCP server.
What I would like to do is using TCP for NFS and not UDP.

I've read this:
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/KernelOptions#Etherboot

>From what I can see the root filesystem get mounted by the cmd:
mount -n -o ${MOPTS} ${NFS_IP}:${NFS_DIR} /mnt
in linuxrc.

We've put the following in 128/129
128    e4:45:74:68:00:00
129    MOPTS=nolock,ro,proto=tcp

(Found this on this list Dec 1 2004 - solved pivot_root hang)

According to ethereal we are still using UDP :-(

The reason for all this is to get (in case you want to know)
a server running K12LTSP with NX on one end and
clients on the other end of a 1MB pipe.
All works fine in a test lab were server and client are close to each other
as soon as we put the client a couple hops further away
the client boot process hangs on the pivot_root.

Any suggestions?

Peter

PS Is there a very detailed howto available on how to alter linuxrc?
so I can hardcode the proto=tcp... or at least get a couple extra
echo statements in the script...