[K12OSN] Printing from a thin client: the improved version.

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Thu Aug 18 23:47:30 UTC 2005

At my school we have several parallel port HP-4 Plus laser printers. We

want to connect them to thin clients in various classrooms.
1. In the printer setup utility in root what selections do we need to
make to cause the printer to work?  Particularly what path information do I use, IP address, Mac address or what?
2. Do I need to make any entery in the lts.conf file?
. Do any files other than printcap need to be edited? Which files and
what changes need to be made in those files?
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pat