[K12OSN] Printing from a thin client: the improved version.

Bill Bardon bill.bardon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:03:50 UTC 2005

On Friday, Aug 19 jconlon1 at elp.rr.com wrote:
> If we could afford to buy jetdirect devices we would be able to buy
> newer printers.  We are doing with what we have and what we can make
> work.  Any other suggestions?

I know you said your budget is very tight, so maybe this idea won't be
any better, but:

Do a search on eBay for "Axis print server".  Axis makes some nice
little units that plug right on to your printer's parallel cable
connector, and can be had for under $30 on eBay.  It's still money out
of pocket, but much less than a new HP JetDirect box.  I have a few of
these working in schools and they are pretty trouble-free.

--
Bill Bardon