[K12OSN] Usb drives + ltsp + nautilus trouble

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Fri Aug 19 22:18:13 UTC 2005

Trond-

I'm not sure if it made it into K12's packages, but we fixed this in
LTSP.  The trick is a slightly modified version of smbd running on the
client and a dfree script used to report a fake available disk space to
Nautilus.

Nautilus is the only one of konqueror, command line, etc, that checks
available disk space prior to copying, and with the current local
devices approach, the disk space needs to be fudged.

In short, try this:

1.  Add the following line to your /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.localdev, at
the end of the [global] section:

         dfree command    = /sbin/dfree

2.  Then, create a file:  /opt/ltsp/i386/sbin/dfree
    that looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
TOTAL=524288
AVAILABLE=$TOTAL
echo $TOTAL $AVAILABLE 4096

3. chmod 755 /opt/ltsp/i386/sbin/dfree
4. reboot the terminal.
5. log into server
6. in a terminal window type:  df -v

If your drives directory has ~2GB available space, then the above worked
and so should transfering files to your pen drive.

If not, then most likely you will need to install the patched version of
smbd for the terminal by:

1.  cd /opt/ltsp
2.  wget ftp://symbio-technologies.com/ltsp-samba-1.0-1-i386.tgz
    **** beware:  15MB file ****
3.  tar xvfz <filename>
4. reboot terminal

HTH,