[K12OSN] OT multiple campuses

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Aug 20 03:29:32 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 20:26, Ben Nickell wrote:

> Ideally I'd like to make it look the same in both buildings since the
> kids will be using computers in both building, if that is not possible,

You might get by with mounting home directories but I think you
really want more bandwidth for that - and probably something more
reliable.

Or something like unison: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
might work.

> Maybe the sftp://otherserver would work for some of the more technical
> teachers and kids.

> I haven't done the openvpn or ipsec tunnel before, but thought about
> looking into that.  Would that allow me to tunnel multiple services
> through the same tunnel?

Yes, you make what looks like a direct connection between the
servers and route the private LAN addresses through it.  It looks
like any other route as far as everything else is concerned, the
packets going over the internet are encrypted, and you can firewall
everything else.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com