[K12OSN] 4.4.0 status

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Aug 21 23:58:34 UTC 2005

I made a final build of K12LTSP 4.4.0. I ended up working most of
today (and most of the last three or four weeks) so I'm a bit too
grumpy to write up a cheery release annoucement right now. I was
doublely grumpy when I realized I still have not send out an official
release announcement for 4.2.1EL as well. Bah! ;-)

The difference between pre-3 and the final build is minor. All of
the security updates have been included. The only other change
is that a few new photographs were donated from the k12ltsp-backgrounds
package.  That package will show up in the apt/up2date/yum repositories
sometime in the next 24 hours.

If you want to be the first on your block to have the shiny new ISOs,
you can find them in the usual places.

It is 75F and sunny outside, with a slight, cool breeze. I'm gonna log-
out and go enjoy it ;-)

Hopefully I'll write up an official release announcement when I get
back!

-Eric