[K12OSN] School starting username creation script for Webmin

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Mon Aug 22 17:56:23 UTC 2005

This is a python script I wrote last year and modified today
to make a file to upload via the webmin batch creation.

Enjoy, and yes I'm available for questions via e-mail if there are any.

python ltspname.py

will get you going...will need a .txt file in /store directory with a
list of student names, but you can edit the script to use whatever file
you like..

The current setup is for the file to be like below:

huckaby david
smith john
doe jane
lee jet
wayne bruce

then it takes the first 4 chars of the lastname(1st column) and the
first 2 chars of the firstname(2nd column), and creates the webmin string...

*disclaimer: I'm not a programmer but this saves me hours every year, if
there is a python guru out there who would like to make this prettier
and more powerful feel free =)

--Huck