[K12OSN] Ubuntu thoughts...

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:30:40 UTC 2005

On 8/23/05, richard ingalls <aslansreturn at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lastly, squidguard and dansguardian REALLY need to
> work and work well (for the CIPA requirements).  In my
> opinion this is reason enough to stay with Fedora (if
> it won't work well in Ubuntu).  In Fedora, squidguard
> JUST WORKS!  I love it!  8th grade boys hate it!  Ha
> ha!  In Fedora I just add the proper repository for
> yum and I can install dansguardian.  It just works!
> These are the two KILLER APPS for me in FC3.  I pray
> they'll work as well in Ubuntu.

Richard:

I'm assuming you are installing these on a separate machine than your
K12 server, right?

A really *simple* how-to on this would be great for the community, as
many struggle with this filtering issue.  If you want to call me, I'd
be glad to type while you talk and we can create it together.

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct