[K12OSN] networking wisdom needed

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Aug 24 16:48:19 UTC 2005

apparently 48 - 1 so 47...
47 * 100mbps == 4.7gbps so even at full duplex you should be okay.
although your 1 port that plugs into the server only can handle 1gbps
...so there will be some slow times for sure..(rough estimate at best)

I'm running about 35 thin clients and 21 XP machines and 15 macs all off
the same LTSP server...XP machines with roaming profiles are slow
loggers(on and off, loading profiles and saving them)...everything else
is quite dreamy.  The macs simply use the server to access student home
dirs.

note: XP and Macs on 10/100 switches...of the Thin Clients on the
Amer.com 24 10/100port+2gig port switch...

--Huck