[K12OSN] networking wisdom needed

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 18:02:17 UTC 2005

Oh yeah BTW. I am planning on getting 16, 24 port gig uplink switches
for the classrooms and lab. Although this year we're only going to
have 100 terminals and 1 dual opteron server w/ 6gb ram.  I intend to
have 3 or more gig nics linked with 802.3ad on the server  although
maybe I shouldn't count on that working.   Les, how do figure 200
terminals? By Hucks' formula that would need 20gb capacity.   That's
totally saturated of course.  Unless I'm misunderstanding something.
I just want to make sure that we have a switch that we can grow with.

Thanks,
Peter