[K12OSN] /dev/dsp permission problem

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Thu Aug 25 02:00:30 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've spent all day off and on trying different things.  I put the line
"chmod 777 /dev/dsp" into about 6 different scripts and it's not working
anywhere I tried.  (shooting blindly, /etc/rc.d/rc.local, Xstartup,
Xstartup.ltsp, etc. etc.)  Can someone puhleeaaaze tell me what line do
I need to put into which script in order for permissions to /dev/dsp to
get reset whenever a user logs in before it throws the alert box?   The
warning message is popping up a little less than halfway through the
startup sequence (right after the little tools in the KDE splash screen.)

This is on the FC2 based distro of k12ltsp, I don't know the version
number.  KDE is the environment.

Thank you very much,

ck