[K12OSN] Booting macs

Eric Brown ericbrown at mi-spot.com
Thu Aug 25 20:50:53 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I've just gotten two mac G3/266mhz machines I would like to try and get
going on my k12ltsp network.  I'm running 4.4.0 of k12ltsp.

When I power up the mac, I just can't seem to get it to boot from the
network.  I've tried holding down the n key while booting (I held it down
when powering on), I googled and found that I might try open
apple+option+o+f (again, while powering on).  I've also tried holding
several other combinations of all these with no luck.

These things take 2 or 3 minutes to get to the "welcome to mac os 9.2"
screen.

My questions are:

Am I holding down the wrong buttons?  At the wrong time?  What's the correct
combination?

When can I tell if I'm successful or not?  Should I see that stupid smiling
mac?

All help is greatly welcome.
Thanks,
Eric