[K12OSN] Doing the Pivot Root - befuddling

Tom Ventresco aust_txv at access-k12.org
Fri Aug 26 11:59:28 UTC 2005

Hold on folks :),
Let's not start a holy war.  I am also using the amer.com SR24G2 switch and
they work great.  BUT the amer.com SGR24 24port 10/100/1000 (48gig of
backplane :) :)) does not work with amer.com's own c1110-32 gig NIC or the
onboard Intel gig NIC on the IBMx206 (P4 3.2-hyper) with K12LTSP 4.4.  On
a default install of k12LTSP 4.4 I get the root-pivot issue Scott is
dealing with...My suggestion stands, get the amer.com SR24G2 it does work
- - I have 80 thins on three servers using the SR24G2 and I think I can go
about 10 more :)  ICEwm :) Sadly it does not have the baclplane of the
SGR24...

Get this, going from a k12LTSP server gig nic to the gig uplink on the
SR24G2 them out of the other gig port on the same SR24G2 switch to any GIG
port on the SGR24 - - works like a charm :)  Is that strange ?  Going
straight into a  SGR24 fails ( pivot root NFS error ).  Very strange.  I
thought amer.com was pro thins and linux ?  Their tech support has not
helped.  Deer in the head lights.

Hope everyone has a good start up,

Tom Ventresco