[K12OSN] IceWM default session....figured out the easy way...here it is

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 02:18:51 UTC 2005

On 8/26/05, David Trask <dtrask at vcsvikings.org> wrote:
[SNIP]
> That's it!  Whatever is in the /etc/X11/dm/Sessions directory is what will
> show up and be available in the "Session List" on the login screen....with
> IceWM as the default.  *NOTE:  Users who have already logged into Gnome
> may continue to get Gnome unless they manually select IceWM and select it
> as the default.  The login seems to stick on "last" as the session of
> choice and if the last was Gnome...then....BUT once they choose
> IceWM...the problem will not resurface.  You can also remove the
> appropriate files in their home directories and that should reset them as
> well.  Let me know what works in that regard.

But this will not prevent people from choosing Gnome as default and
continuing to switchback from IceWM. OP wanted IceWM forced to all
users irrespective of what they chose. I thought earlier suggestion of
UID<600 allowing switch to Gnome else IceWM is all you get cool.

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux