[K12OSN] Doing the Pivot Root - befuddling

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sat Aug 27 20:35:02 UTC 2005

I just built a new Athlon-64-on-a-Microstar-motherboard server, using
K12LTSP 4.2.1.  It's a single NIC configuration, using the on-board
ethernet.  This is to ultimately replace some older hardware that is
also running version 4.2.1, single NIC, etc.  The workstations all boot
fine, save one which uses an old ISA 3Com 3c509 card connected via coax
to a hub which then connects to the main switch (don't ask).  It hangs
at the pivot_root point, saying the nfs server is not responding.  So,
the only thing different is the hardware of the server.  Any ideas as to
why the pivot_root would stop working for just this one client?

Petre