[K12OSN] Schoolbell 1.2 pdf

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Aug 29 19:17:28 UTC 2005

Tom Hoffman wrote:
> On 8/29/05, John Hegarty <jh at clongowes.net> wrote:
>
>>Upgraded to schoolbell 1.2.1 using Erics package (Thanks Eric) and it
>>seems to working ok for me, though I'm at early stages yet.
>>
>>I read on the website that pdfs could be generated but I don't see it
>>anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?
>

> Ah, good point.  That's why it's a "test" RPM ;-)  You need two things:
>
> ReportLab, which is an open source Python library.  It looks like an
> rpm may exist called python-reportlab.  Is this in K12LTSP?

python-report is not currently in K12LTSP, but it is in Fedora Extras.
All I have to do is grab a copy, throw it into the repository, and add a
dependency to the schoolbell package. No sweat.

> TrueType fonts.  You need them and schoolbell.conf needs to point to
> their location.  Is there an RPM for these in K12LTSP?

I see in the config file that there is a sample entry for the MS
TrueType fonts. These are not installed by default on K12LTSP, they have
to be added after the install (this is one of the options in the "Add
Additional Software" icon on the root desktop).

I'll test this later, but might as well ask now. Are the MS TrueType
fonts required or will the X.org TrueType fonts be adequate?

-Eric