[K12OSN] webmin/squidguard/dansguardian

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Aug 30 15:33:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 09:54, Will Hatch wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> Thanks for responding.  I use IpCop as a router, between my modem and my k12box.  It has an older version of Dansguardian on it; works great.  I use a graphic interface to manage it.  All this comes from addonz (http://www.dageek.co.uk/ipcop/addonz/).  Here is what it says when I use the script you suggested:
>
> [root at server ~]# /usr/sbin/get.webmin
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> k12ltsp                   100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: webmin
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from webmin: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>
> ERROR: something went wrong with 'yum install webmin'
> Aborting :-(

Can you access http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/webmin, and
if so, did you have to configure a proxy in your browser to do it?
If you need a proxy, you can export the setting on the command line
in the http_proxy variable:
http_proxy=your_proxy_address:port /usr/sbin/get.webmin
And you might need the same for other yum updates.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com