[K12OSN] (no subject)

Lee Myrick lee at renarts.org
Wed Aug 31 21:30:30 UTC 2005

I've had a K12LTSP server up and running with no problems for almost a
year now. Our school directors came to me with a new request last week:
they would like me to setup an attendance program that can be accessed
by each teacher from one of the ltsp stations in their areas.

My first thought was to setup a separate web server running PHP and
MySQL (which I have plenty of experience on) and connect it to the LTSP
network. We're currently running Censornet also via another machine in
the rack. So the teachers would log into their ltsp account, open
Firefox, and then access the web server running the attendance
database.

This seems doable to me--does it to anyone else, or am I missing some
major problem that would keep me from making this work with the LTSP
network (and Censornet)?

Lee Myrick
Information Technology Coordinator
Renaissance Arts Academy