[K12OSN] Switches

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Dec 2 13:47:55 UTC 2005

A star makes an upgrade to 10Gig between the server and the main 1G
switch a lot easier to implements. Just switch out one switch. You may
never need it, but maybe you will.

I could also picture a scenario where you would have multiple 1G servers
(for redundancy or shares on another server or whatever) plugged into a
switch with a 10G connection between this switch and the switch that
stars out to your clients.

In either of those scenarios you could get away with 1G between the
devices, but it could be restrictive/a bottle-neck.

JSR/