[K12OSN] Re: Winbind tutorial

Mike Ely mely at rogueriver.k12.or.us
Sun Dec 4 19:17:39 UTC 2005

Paul VanGundy wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I tried putting it on the K12LTSP wiki but it wouldn't let me. You have
> to configure pam_mount and add pam_mount.so to both
> your /etc/pam.d/login and /etc/pam.d/gdm configuration files. I don't
> currently have the tutorial on the computer I am using and I don't have
> my jump drive with me which has a copy on it. I can email you a copy of
> the tutorial if you wish when I get it. Just let me know.
>
> -Paul

Hmm.  I had those setup (except that it was kdm and not gdm for me), and
stuff like $HOME was created automagically at new user login, with a
selection of 6 skel dirs depending upon the group membership of the new
user.  But I never got past "click this icon to login to your share on
the server that has your windows H: drive."

At any rate, if you can get around to emailing me that howto, that'd be
great.  One note: our barracuda filters inbound .zip files, but if you
rename it .z1p or something similar, it should pass through.

Thanks,
Mike