[K12OSN] How to make your users love Linux

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Dec 6 19:24:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 09:24:24AM -0800, Huck wrote:
> powerful is all fine and dandy ;)
> I prefer simplicity, PINE...many dislike pine for sure.

I think basic Mutt is no more difficult to use than Pine.
I was looking for email addresses in my wife's mailbox with her last
night, and was shocked there's no obvious way to search, or better yet,
limit messages.

Nothing cooler than  [L] ~b tuxpaint  to limit the message listing to
only emails containing "tuxpaint" in the body, for example. :)

> But like I say when I see a Lotus or Ferrari cruise'n down the road
> at 65 mph... "What a waste of power if you aren't going to use it."
> And my mail habits are quite simplex like the majority of email users,
> thus, I don't feel that anyone will fall in love with Linux because of
> the MUTT mail client.

But the colors!  The COLORS, maaan! ;)

  https://losderover.be:2312/ms-alt/shots/mutt-full.png

(Random shot found on google images)