Re: [K12OSN] Switches

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 21:44, Jason Straw wrote:
> My suggestion is that if you go above 2 24 port switches... buy a 8 port
> 1000bt switch and link all the 100s to the 1000.  my dorm building here
> is on 5 100s with 1000 daisychain... but it was half duplex and things
> got ugly in a hurry.  they had to go back and implement a 1000bt switch
> above it.

That's a different case where each end point might be connected to
a different place.  With a single server connected on a single
gig port and everything else talking to that server, the
daisy-chained links won't be a bottleneck.  But there may be
other reasons to want a star layout instead.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com