[K12OSN] A wiki for submitting articles for the New "The Open Source Educa

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Fri Dec 2 18:02:46 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Fri Dec  2 2005 at 12:18 +0000 wrote:
>Cool. Awesome. I am pumped. I had a thought. I like the idea of a wiki
>for article development because it allows for the open source model to be
>applied to the articles. Wicked Cool.

"wicked" is a Maine term  ;-)

>I am still of the belief that we should be pushing our Scribus skills and
>creating a complete downloadable PDF as the product. Landscape would be
>even better. Thoughts?

The template I've developed is exactly that...landscape...and can be saved
as PDF with Scribus....the only thing I haven't figured out is how to get
it to default to full screen when the reader opens it

>Tim
>
>p.s. Dave I think Doku would work better for the Actem Wiki too. Media
>Wiki is a little up there in its syntax.

I agree...even I had trouble!  ;-)  Dokuwiki is so simple to set up...it's
simply text files....

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School