[K12OSN] crazy licensing question

Greetings fellow LTSPer's,

I've got a question for which I cannot seem to find the answer. Here's the scenario:

Want to connect my LTSP clients to either a Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 terminal server. I want to purchase the licenses to make this all legal, but I cannot seem to understand how/where the license file gets saved on my LTSP server. Is anyone successfully and legally doing this? Thanks for any help.

--
Brad Johnson
Technology Director