Re: [K12OSN] crazy licensing question

Ok...following up on my own question, I see Shawn had a discussion on this topic last year. Am I then correct to assume that I should use RDP version 4 to make the connection? As always, thanks for any info provided on this topic.

Brad Johnson
Technology Director
Independence Community School District
Independence,  IA  50644
(319) 334-7405 ext 119

Brad Johnson wrote:

That I understand, but based on my reading of the Microsoft licensing model, the client should be issued a permanent license. If not, the license is a 90-day temporary license, after which time you need to rename the client in order for the client to be able to connect again. I don't want to have to do that.

Brad Johnson
Technology Director
Independence Community School District
Independence,  IA  50644
(319) 334-7405 ext 119

rmcdaniel indata us wrote:

The licenses are inputed on the 2000 or 2003 server, not on the
individual clients.

Ronald R. McDaniel
Conecuh County Schools
(251) 578-7073 x26