Re: [K12OSN] Introduction and questions

Paul VanGundy wrote:
Mike,

To lock down desktops Gnome try Sabayon
http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon/

This tool is like the Kiosk utility for KDE but for Gnome. You will need
to install both sabayon and sabayon-admin. You can do this by using yum
(yum install sabayon, yum install sabayon-admin. Hope this helps.

-Paul

<snip>

Thanks Paul.

Looks pretty nice. I may try it, or I may KDE-ify my default desktop - depends upon which one is easier in the short and long term for me.

Incidentally, has anyone on this list heard of any effort to "port" K12OS etc. to other distros? I'd love nothing more than to build a SuSE 10 box and go "rpm -ivh K12ltspserver.4.4.1-suse10.i386.rpm." Maybe if I get time later in the year...

Cheers,
Mike