[K12OSN] Introduction and questions

Mike Ely mely at rogueriver.k12.or.us
Sun Dec 4 04:47:29 UTC 2005

Paul VanGundy wrote:
> Mike,
>
> To lock down desktops Gnome try Sabayon
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon/
>
> This tool is like the Kiosk utility for KDE but for Gnome. You will need
> to install both sabayon and sabayon-admin. You can do this by using yum
> (yum install sabayon, yum install sabayon-admin. Hope this helps.
>
> -Paul

<snip>

Thanks Paul.

Looks pretty nice.  I may try it, or I may KDE-ify my default desktop -
depends upon which one is easier in the short and long term for me.

Incidentally, has anyone on this list heard of any effort to "port"
K12OS etc. to other distros?  I'd love nothing more than to build a SuSE
10 box and go "rpm -ivh K12ltspserver.4.4.1-suse10.i386.rpm."  Maybe if
I get time later in the year...

Cheers,
Mike