[K12OSN] K12LTSP...My Opinion

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Sun Dec 4 06:14:12 UTC 2005

Eric,

That's kind of my point. In high schools, when you get rid of the
kiddish packages it is in essence LTSP instead of K12LTSP. So why
install K12LTSP in high schools in the first place instead of just your
version of Linux (SuSE, Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.) and the LTSP packages?
I'm not so much comparing distros, I am really asking if anyone uses
K12LTSP in high schools and if so why instead of LTSP? Ease of
installation possibly? Maybe I'm not explaining what I am trying to ask
very well.

-Paul

PS - And the difference is one is rpm based (Fedora) and the other is
deb based (Ubuntu). One has smaller repositories (Fedora/yum) than the
other (Ubuntu/apt-get) :) hehe