Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP...My Opinion

On 04 Dec 2005, at 9:16 AM, Eric Harrison wrote:

It is best to think of K12LTSP as an "easy-to-install implementation" of LTSP, with education-orientated apps and tweaks. I'm too beat to dig up the links right now, but many times in the past I've argued quite loudly
that "K12LTSP is not a Linux distribution!"

Certainly a very humble approach Eric, considering there are folk out there who's claim to fame is that they have created a new distro the moment they have slapped LTSP on top of anything that runs a Linux kernel.

We are about to install our fiftieth school computer lab with K12LTSP in South Africa in January and are planning a bit of a party to celebrate the event. I'll make sure I get some pics up on our website early next year.

cheers
ed

If you prefer to use SuSE, Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc plus the LTSP packages
rather than K12LTSP, that is GREAT! K12LTSP tries really hard to support as many needs as possible, and to make it as easy as possible to support
the needs we can not support ;-)

-Eric