[K12OSN] K12LTSP...My Opinion

Edward Holcroft edward at netday.org.za
Sun Dec 4 10:01:43 UTC 2005

On 04 Dec 2005, at 9:16 AM, Eric Harrison wrote:

> It is best to think of K12LTSP as an "easy-to-install
> implementation" of
> LTSP, with education-orientated apps and tweaks. I'm too beat to
> dig up
> the links right now, but many times in the past I've argued quite
> loudly
> that "K12LTSP is not a Linux distribution!"

Certainly a very humble approach Eric, considering there are folk out
there who's claim to fame is that they have created a new distro the
moment they have slapped LTSP on top of anything that runs a Linux
kernel.

We are about to install our fiftieth school computer lab with K12LTSP
in South Africa in January and are planning a bit of a party to
celebrate the event. I'll make sure I get some pics up on our website
early next year.

cheers
ed