[K12OSN] K12LTSP...My Opinion

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Sun Dec 4 17:58:37 UTC 2005

David,

I was at the Christa McAulliffe conference and was able to swing by your
presentation. Quite a full house! It was exciting to see the amount of
people that turned out for the open source and Linux courses. Moodle was
the big winner though for sure! There were people out in the hallway. I
actually had the pleasure myself to present there as well with Matt
Oquist. Next year I am hoping to present a course geared more towards
network administrators/engineers. My idea was showing individuals how to
set up network resources with Linux (DHCP, DNS, Web, LDAP, Samba,
etc.).

As you might now, I wrote a tutorial on how to get K12LTSP to
authenticate against a Windows ADS, automatically create their home
folders, and mount Windows network drives which was going like hotcakes.
I am currently in the process of writing newer and hopefully easier to
understand tutorials on setting up LDAP, Samba, DHCP, DNS, etc services
with Linux. I am also working on assistive technologies using Linux for
special needs individuals.

Anywho, your presentation was great. What I thought was awesome was that
Maddog was still able to present...even from South America! ;)

-Paul

--
Paul VanGundy
Information Technology Director