Re: [K12OSN] Re: Winbind tutorial

Paul VanGundy wrote:
Mike,

I tried putting it on the K12LTSP wiki but it wouldn't let me. You have
to configure pam_mount and add pam_mount.so to both
your /etc/pam.d/login and /etc/pam.d/gdm configuration files. I don't
currently have the tutorial on the computer I am using and I don't have
my jump drive with me which has a copy on it. I can email you a copy of
the tutorial if you wish when I get it. Just let me know.

-Paul

Hmm. I had those setup (except that it was kdm and not gdm for me), and stuff like $HOME was created automagically at new user login, with a selection of 6 skel dirs depending upon the group membership of the new user. But I never got past "click this icon to login to your share on the server that has your windows H: drive."

At any rate, if you can get around to emailing me that howto, that'd be great. One note: our barracuda filters inbound .zip files, but if you rename it .z1p or something similar, it should pass through.

Thanks,
Mike